Software Solution ArchitectMelbourne | Permanent / Full Time
Our industry leading client is looking for a Software Solution Architect to take the responsibility of development of a common Digital platform architecture supporting the need of the client. You will directly engage with the business customers and Product Owners.
- Work with business and technical representatives to outline Target State and high level roadmap for the assigned business domains and for enterprise solution capabilities
- Collaborate within a cross functional team, during business case development to outline the solution, call out tradeoffs, major technical debts and provide input for cost estimation
- Work with tech leads/designers and business analyst to shape the solution architecture/high level design
- Actively contribute to Architecture Governance process to ensure that alignment to the target state and trade offs are understood and accepted by relevant stakeholders.
- Work with business stakeholders in shaping the demand portfolio early on, presenting proposed solution, discussing solution trade-offs and prioritisation of solution capabilities.
- Proactively scan the market and identify tools and technology trends that can have significant business value. Where applicable, lead the incubation efforts of new technology.
- Work closely with Head of Application Development and the Enterprise Architect to improve operating model and services related to the practice. Contribute towards uplifting the value of architecture group.
- 5+ years experience in solution architecture and/or solution design roles on major software development projects.
- Collaboration skills to work with various stakeholders at different levels of architecture/solution discussions - enterprise architect, business analyst, developers, management and business stakeholders.
- Experience leading the solution design process for IT software projects.
- Experience in one or more of major solution capabilities such as Batch Integration (eg. ETL), Real Time Integration (Web APIs and/or Enterprise Service Bus), Master Data Management, Search and Match, Application Architecture.
- Experience in projects involving web services and web technologies.
- Work with industry leading client on a large application project
- Permanent opportunity
- Work life balance and collaborative working culture