Senior Front End React DeveloperSydney | Permanent / Full Time
Listed: 29/03/19Fantastic opportunity to join an experienced team working on FinTech projects.
Help build and automate an industry heavy on pocesses which is ripe for change. Work on a web-service-based fintech platform already supporting tens of thousands of customers and enabling billions of dollars in transactions.
As part of a rapidly expanding and successful company, all staff team members must be flexible, proactive and willing to take on multiple responsibilities, challenges and opportunities, as they arise.
You are an experienced Senior Front End Developer who sees the big picture and will also dive into the details to improve the overall experience for end users – end users will be customers and/or employees.
We want front end solutions that simplify what can be complex for the end-user to enable us to automate problems that are currently very paper intensive and have no industry standard. You will work alongside a backend development team whose goal is to provide high quality, scalable IT solutions
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application and create responsive, user-friendly interfaces.
- Work with product management, UI/UX designer and back end team to improve usability and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation. Take an active role on both sides to help define how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Write functional requirement documents and user guides
- Code review team members work and provide constructive and detailed feedback
- BSc or BEng degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience as a front end developer
- Self-starter able to take ownership and perform with little guidance in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively and closely with technology as well as business colleagues
- Demonstrable experience with data-driven single page applications (SPA), state management and front-end architectural patterns
- Thorough understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Demonstrable experience in SPA architecture and the FLUX design pattern
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging tools
- HTML, CSS3, SASS, BEM
- React 16.x
- Redux, Redux Saga, Reselect, Normalizr
- ECMAScript 6 (ES6)
- Test Driven Development (TDD) - Jasmine, Karma or equivalent
- Build/Optimization tools - Webpack 3+, Babel 7, SASS Loader, HTML Loader
- Distributed Version Control System (DVCS) - Git, GitLab or equivalent
- Awareness of Functional Programming patterns
- Previous technical leadership experience
- Jest, Enzyme, Sinon
- Flow type
- Middleware logging & analytics
- Selenium, Puppeteer, Web driver, Page Object Pattern