Inviting a Candidate for an Interview
You have filtered through all those CV’s from people applying for the position at your company, so now it is time to invite the successful applicant(s) to an interview.
Firstly, check your company’s protocol. How does your company arrange an interview with a candidate? Is it over the phone, via an email or through an agency? Make sure you follow the correct procedure and check if there is already a template email for inviting people to an interview.
Here is what to cover:
- Thank them for their application.
- What is your reason for contacting them? (first interview, Skype call, final interview, meet the team)
- What are they interviewing for?
- What should they expect in the interview?
- What should they bring? (CV, samples of work/portfolio, I.D/visa)
- Date and time of the interview.
- Whether it will be a Skype interview, held in the office or a local coffee shop
- Provide a map or full address, or Skype logins
- Reason for inviting them to an interview, if something stood out on their application, let them know.
- Who do they need to ask for on arrival and who will be interviewing them?
- How long will the interview take?
- How to confirm their attendance?
- How to rearrange should dates/time be unsuitable?
Here is an example email inviting a candidate to an interview:
Interview with Attribute Group for the position of Client Services Manager
Thank you for your recent application via LinkedIn for the role we have advertised at Attribute Group as a Client Services Manager.
We were impressed with your recent success in achieving your sales targets for 2017 and we would like to invite you to attend an interview with Attribute Group’s Director, Andrew Earl, on DD/MM/YY at 4:30pm. The interview will be held in our head office:
Level 1, 343 George Street
Please ask for myself on arrival.
The interview will last 45 minutes which will include a 10 minute role play scenario to a prospective client to discuss a superstar candidate you had just met with.
Please confirm your attendance by replying to this email. If the date or time of the interview is inconvenient, please contact me by phone 01 234 5678 or email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to rearrange.
We look forward to meeting you,
JOB TITLE / EMAIL SIGNATURE
If you are a candidate and have any questions or uncertainty about your interview then this is your opportunity to ask.
You can also read our blogs: