Lead Data Security AnalystMelbourne | Contract or Temp
Lead Data Security Analyst
The lead will have a deep understanding of data environments and data movement, including protecting end points, data threat vectors, and relevant mitigating controls. You will interact with numerous teams across the organization: IT Architecture, Engineering, Operations, Project Management, Legal, and Data Privacy to develop, enhance and drive the vision and effectiveness of the end point and data security program.
- Work collaboratively with strategic product, information technology, and information security teams to create and drive a future vision for next generation end point and data security capabilities.
- Develop, implement and operationalize risk-based data security programs. This includes defining goals, metrics, processes, and supporting technology.
- Implement Microfocus/Varonis data discovery tools
- Implement Data classification
- Lead efforts to gather/define requirements to develop prevention and detection capabilities that support organization’s data classification policy.
- Maintain expert level understanding of emergent data security threats and relevant mitigating controls.
- Provide consulting services to the business units and IT organizations to educate and ensure adherence with Organizations data security standards and industry best practices
- Assess and evaluate data security control effectiveness, and drive towards improved control effectiveness, consistency and maturity across the organization
- Mentor and provide guidance and expertise to other team members.
Experience / Skills / Education:
- 8 years' experience in cybersecurity roles including planning, implementing and running DATA security capabilities
- Implementation Experience in Microfocus/Varonis data discovery tools
- Implementation experience in Data classification activities
- Strong analytical skills and cross-functional knowledge of multiple DATA security disciplines
- Strong knowledge and experience with next generation data leakage prevention (Symantec DLP), structured and unstructured data protection (UDP) technologies and approaches
- Functional experience working in a global hybrid cloud environment, including AWS and Windows O365
- Functional experience with databases, business intelligence (BI) reporting and SQL query language.
- Knowledge and working experience defining and documenting business processes and controls
- Knowledge and experience with Digital Rights Management (DRM), data tagging, and encryption technologies and solutions
- Creative thinker that leverages unconventional and innovative ideas to solve problems
- Strong interpersonal, verbal presentation and written communication skills with the ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, be trustworthy, and have the ability to work independently
- Information Security certifications are desirable : CISSP, GSEC, CISA, CISM, CRISC