This policy relates to Attribute Group (ABN 33 145 004 413)
Our commitment to maintaining your Privacy
Attribute Group recognises the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal information. We adhere to the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (the Privacy Act), which directs the way private sector organisations deal with personal information.
The following document outlines how Attribute Group manages personal information. Please read this policy before using the services on the Attribute Group website.
What Attribute Group regards as personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about a person. It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. criminal record) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about our candidates’ work performance (whether true or not), work experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us in connection with possible work placements.
How Attribute Group collects information?
Personal information will be collected from candidates and customers. This occurs when you will supply personal documentation including registration forms or CV’s in connection with position applications.
Personal and sensitive information will also be collected when:
- Customers attend interviews with us
- We receive any references
- We receive results of inquiries that we might make of former employers, work colleagues, professionalassociations or registration bodies.
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test
- We receive performance feedback (whether positive or negative)
- We receive any complaint from or about customers in the workplace
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which our customers are involved
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professionaldisciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which our customers are involved
- Any additional information is provided by our customers
When collating personal and sensitive information will always ensure that you as our customer are made aware of;
- Who we are
- The fact he or she is able to gain access to their information
- The purpose of collating the information
- Who the information will be disclosed toAttribute Group generally provides this information verbally during the recruitment process and/or electronically via email in automatic response to receiving personal or sensitive information.Where applicable we also make customers aware of any law requiring information to be collated and the main consequences (if any) for the individual if all or part of the information is not provided.Storage of personal and sensitive information
Attribute Group may store the personal and sensitive information of customers when:
- Applications and related documents are received from customers applying for specific positions either advertised or not
- Applications and/or other related documents are received from customers unsolicited in connection with possible work placementAttribute Group also stores personal and sensitive information during the recruitment process, including when:
- Obtaining information from referees, work colleagues, or any other person that the customer has given permission for Attribute Group to contact in connection with their possible work placement.
- Conversations may be documented and stored in our electronic or paper files.
- Conducting telephone or face to face interviews with customers. Generally, interviews are documentedand stored in our electronic or paper files.Attribute Group does not contact referees without a customer’s prior consent.
What Attribute Group uses personal or sensitive information for:
Generally, personal and sensitive information gathered by Attribute Group is used in connection with work placements during the recruitment process. We also use information for:
- Performance appraisals
- Our assessment of customer ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that customers might be required toundergo
- Identification of training needs
- Any workplace rehabilitation
- Our management of any complaint, investigation or inquiry in which our customers are involved
- Any insurance claim or proposal that requires disclosure of personal or sensitive informationWho Attribute Group discloses personal and sensitive information to:
- Potential and actual employers and clients of Attribute Group
- Other members of Attribute Group
- Our insurers
- A professional association or registration body that has a proper interest in the disclosure of your personal and sensitive information
- A Workers Compensation body
- Our contractors and suppliers – eg, our IT contractors and database designers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the informationAttribute Group generally does not disclose personal or sensitive information to clients in connection with work placements without customer consent to do so. Customers who provide personal or sensitive information in an application for a specific role however, are assumed consenting to the disclosure of their details to that client.Generally, a candidate will be informed of the client’s identity during the recruitment process prior to gaining consent to disclose personal information. In some cases for privacy, security or other reasons, consent to submit personal information to an undisclosed organisation may be sought.
Obtaining access to personal or sensitive information
Subject to some exceptions, which are set out in the National Privacy Principles (Principle 6 – Access and Correction), our customers have a right to see and obtain a copy of personal and sensitive information that Attribute Group holds about them.
If a customer wishes to exercise their right of access, contact should be made with our Privacy Coordinator, whose details are listed below. Attribute Group may impose a service fee for providing access to personal or sensitive information.
Correcting personal or sensitive information
A candidate, who identifies to Attribute Group that their personal details are inaccurate, incomplete or not up- to-date, has the right to have the information amended, and Attribute Group will take reasonable steps to do so. If Attribute Group is unable to agree that personal or sensitive information we hold about a customer is accurate, complete and up-to-date, the customer may request we place with the information a statement by them that claims that particular information is not accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Customers wishing to exercise their rights of access and correction should contact: The Privacy Coordinator