Full Stack Java and React DeveloperSydney | Permanent / Full Time
Listed: 15/03/19As a Software Engineer on this team you will be involved in all aspects of software development, including participating in technical designs, implementation, functional analysis, and release for mid-to-large sized projects. You will be joining a passionate team of makers that have a deep respect for the craft of software development. The team works in autonomous fluid squads that are empowered to creating the best solutions for the problem at hand.
- You will develop, design, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools
- Write automated unit, integration and acceptance tests as appropriate to support our continuous integration pipelines.
- Support and troubleshoot data and/or system issues as needed
- Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with seniors and peers in crafting and implementing the technical vision of the team
- Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility
- Resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur with peers and help unblock junior members of the team. Follow through on details and drive issues to closure
- Define, develop and maintain artefacts like technical design or partner documentation
- Drive for continuous improvement in software and development process within an agile development team
- Participate in user story creation in collaboration with the team
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science or a related major and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience using code versioning tools for e.g Git or others
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- 3-7+ years experience in Software Engineering
- Strong experience with Java (or C# / Object Oriented), XML, JUnit
- RESTful Micro Services
- Apache Tomcat, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Docker, Gradle, Grunt
- Solid experience with AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB
- Relevant industry experience developing in Java and its associated technology stacks. Experience building web services with these platforms desired.
- Solid experience with SQL databases and NoSQL solutions
- Experience implementing accessibility best practices